Monday, October 2, 2017

Life and style / Ronnie Wood / ‘How often do I have sex? You’ve got to have that every day’

Ronnie Wood: ‘I’m quite a happy bloke.’
Photograph: Suki Dhanda for the Guardian
LIFE AND STYLE
Q&A

Ronnie Wood: ‘How often do I have sex? You’ve got to have that every day’


The musician on his paintings, his singing twins – and his nose

Rosanna Greenstreet
Saturday 16 September 2017 09.30 BST


B
orn in Hillingdon, Ronnie Wood, 70, studied at Ealing College of Art. He joined several bands – the Birds, the Jeff Beck Group and the Faces – before becoming one of the Rolling Stones in 1975. He has continued to paint and draw, and his work is collected in the book, Ronnie Wood: Artist, which is out now. He is married for the third time, to theatre producer Sally Humphreys, and has six children. This year, he had surgery for lung cancer.



Ronnie and family



When were you happiest? 

Right now is a pretty good time in my life. I am existing on three-monthly check-ups, but, yeah, I am very grateful.


What is your greatest fear? 

I am fearless.


What is the trait you most deplore in yourself?

Forgetfulness.


What is the trait you most deplore in others?

Stubbornness.


Property aside, what’s the most expensive thing you’ve bought? 

Paintings and guitars. I have Picasso prints and one Rembrandt etching.


What would your super power be?

X-ray vision. I was always intrigued by that when I was a kid.


What makes you unhappy?

Not a lot – I’m quite a happy bloke.


What do you most dislike about your appearance?

I like everything.


If you could bring something extinct back to life, what would you choose?

The Frankenstein dinosaur they’ve just discovered in Chile.



Who would play you in the film of your life?

Daniel Craig!


What did you want to be when you were growing up? 

An artist travelling and playing with the Stones.


What is your most unappealing habit?

My nose comes into it!


What is your guiltiest pleasure?

I am not guilty about it, but caviar.


What do you owe your parents?

My manners. Funnily enough, my parents were both born in Paddington Basin and that’s where I live now. Me and my older brothers, Art and Ted, were the first of the Woods to be born on dry land.


To whom would you most like to say sorry, and why?

I don’t really owe anybody any apologies.


What or who is the greatest love of your life?

My wife Sally.


Which words or phrases do you most overuse?

“I’ll be right back.”



If you could edit your past, what would you change?

All the hanging about.


How often do you have sex?

You’ve got to have that every day.


What is the closest you’ve come to death?

I can dodge the bullets – I’m lucky.


What keeps you awake at night?

My metabolism. Ever since I was a little kid, I was always up halfway through the night.


What song would you like played at your funeral?

The Resurrection Shuffle.


Where would you most like to be right now?

In the Bahamas with Sally and the twins, Gracie and Alice, who are one year and a few months. They are lovely. They sing all the time.


What is the most important lesson life has taught you?

Don’t give up.


Tell us a joke

The meek shall inherit the Earth, if it’s all right with everybody else.






No comments:

Post a Comment